Monday, December 1, 2008

Jarrett's First Day Of School **UPDATED AGAIN**

Today is Jarrett's first day at preschool at Vermillion Primary. He is on the bus right now. Please pray for him, the bus driver and his new teachers. Pray that he accepts his new preschool and thrives in his new environment. Thank you.

**UPDATED** I talked to his teacher, Cassie, that rode with him on the bus this morning. She said he got scared a few times on the bus but was excited to go and was handed off to a para at the school and did great.

**UPDATED AGAIN** I got this email from Jarrett's teacher:

I wanted to write you and let you know how Jarrett’s first day went. He had a bit of a rough transition this morning and cried/fought back for the first thirty minutes. It was during our grouptime and first part of centers. I went over and talked with him for a little bit and he calmed down. He then found a toy and began to play with it. After that, he did a beautiful job of transitioning and going about the classroom and was happy. I think this morning it was all a bit overwhelming at first and a bit of a sensory overload (lots to looks at and noise). We told him at the end of the day that he would get to come play with us tomorrow, and he said “okay that sounds like a good idea.”

As for your prior email in regards to him biting…I did not see any of it today, however, for me I would like to be able to observe him some more and see if I can help with this issue. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call. We look forward to seeing Jarrett tomorrow! He is a very sweet boy and lots of fun!

No comments:

Followers

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones