Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

On the morning of September 11, 2001 I was working from home. I had the TV on for background noise and when Good Morning America interrupted Good Morning America with breaking news, it caught my attention. I watched as everything unfolded and was shocked to see the devastation. I watched for days on CNN and MSNBC but somehow it didn't seem as real as when I visited ground zero in May 2006. I was surprised at how big the area was where the twin towers stood.

This picture was taken from the lower level where the subway is.

Here is a picture of the timeline of events from that day that are displayed at ground zero along with pictures and plans for what is to be built on the site.


No comments:

Followers

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones